Hosted VoIP Case Study for Multi-site Charity in Yorkshire
Dementia Forward is a local registered charity providing support and information to anybody affected by dementia. The charity has developed a comprehensive range of services, with people living with dementia at the heart.
The charity was formed in April 2012 by a professional team of experienced and passionate people who have a profound understanding of dementia. It is a grounded and realistic initiative formed in response to growing need and proactively seeks out the voice of those affected when designing services.
As a growing organisation, the opening of a new regional office meant that a new telephone solution was required to maintain effective channels of telephone based communication with stakeholders, healthcare professionals and other staff. This new office also meant that the charity was now operating over 3 locations in the Yorkshire area, which was a little fragmented, and the challenge was to provide a uniform call handling system which allowed the organisation’s staff resources to be used more efficiently, make other users easier to contact and deliver a better service to callers. At the same time, reducing existing expenditure on telephone lines and legacy telephone systems, would make a big difference.
The Solution and Technology
Everything Voice was appointed to design and supply their hosted VOIP platform to serve users in all of the charity’s regional offices. Based on GENBAND’s globally recognised hosted VOIP platform, Everything Voice implemented a Synergy Hosted VOIP solution in the cloud and distributed Polycom’s VVX range of IP Handsets to users. With resilience at the core of the solution, the Synergy platform sits within an extensive, fault tolerant and resilient Data Centre network with no single points of failure, designed to maximise uptime and ensure the charities helpline staff were always contactable whilst maintaining the highest voice quality and stability.
The GENBAND platform incorporates a central administration system for management of call routing and voicemail and a user portal for each user to access system directories, call management information and personal call routing preferences. Furthermore, features including Conversation Recording and integration with a large range of CRM systems can be now easily added through a simple monthly subscription.
As excellent voice QUALITY is so fundamental in VOIP implementations, Everything Voice also implemented Internet connectivity in each office supporting both Voice, Data and access to other Cloud services.
Key benefits of Everything Voice’s Solution
- VOIP platform hosted in an extensive, fault tolerant and Resilient Data Centre network with no single points of failure which enables us to give service availability guarantees in excess of 99.99%
- Central system administration which is intuitive and allows the whole solution to be managed centrally
- Wide range of system features including conferencing, mobile integration, hunt groups and voicemail are deployed from the cloud, without the expense of an onsite telephone system
- The Everything Voice solution is scalable and flexible enough to meet the demands of a growing organisation
- Reduction in cost across a number of areas including call costs, phone lines and telephone system support made the entire Hosted VOIP platform affordable
- Access to advanced services such as Call Recording and CRM integration are available quickly and easily to users who need them
- Single monthly subscription includes everything needed to maintain the system including telephone calls, system management, upgrades and Polycom VVX telephone handsets
“As a growing charity we were keen to invest in a hosted VOIP system because it would allow us the flexibility of a single phone system over all of our locations now and in the future. Everything Voice were asked to install new Internet Connectivity into our regional offices and a hosted VOIP solution which has proved to be fantastic quality and easy to use.
Everything Voice have proved to be very experienced and supportive throughout the implementation and now the system is live.”
Operations Director, Dementia Forward
More like this