Why INSPIRA Switched to a Hosted Telephony & UC Solution
Inspira is an award-winning, national social enterprise company based in Cumbria.
They work for clients and communities in Cumbria and across the UK, managing and delivering services to young people and adults to help them develop their personal and employability skills.With a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to address a wide variety of social challenges, they are responsible for the delivery of statutory services to public bodies, strategic support for local and national programmes which support youth in the community, as well as managing contracts across geographically and socially diverse areas.
Inspira wanted to completely move away from their traditional on-premise PBX telephone system to a private hosted Voice and Unified Communications solution. The reasons for this were the need to have a much more robust and reliable telephone service, whilst incorporating Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity. Keys requirements of the project included
- The provision of a fully managed, hosted telephony and Unified Communications platform capable of incorporating the businesses 200-300 employees and 7 office locations
- The provision of a complete Mobility solution whereby mobile and remote workers could access the system features via an app for IOS and Android;
- System administrator tools and portal which allows their internal IT team control of assigning permissions and features to users
- Access to expert technical support and maintenance from a specialist provider of Hosted Voice and Unified Communications
Everything Voice designed a bespoke solution which met the individual needs of Inspira which included:
- Unify’s Openscape Business Voice and UC Platform hosted in the Data Centre
- Unify’s My Portal to Go Mobile Application for Android and IOS
We implemented the new system in parallel with the existing telephone system to allow time for testing and configuration before the system went live. The transition process was managed with precision and having eliminated any potential complications or disruption through careful planning, our technical team were able to switch Inspira over to their newly hosted platform and set up the My Portal to Go App on relevent user devices.
We continue to offer peace of mind providing post-installation support to Inspira’s IT team, although they also have access to the system management portal to make routine moves and changes as they wish.
- Fully hosted/managed off site in a Data Centre, providing extensive, uninterrupted system availability and Disaster Recovery features
- Removal of expensive legacy PBX Hardware and ISDN lines enabling Inspira to reduce their telephone costs for the long term
- Raised productivity and efficiency through complete access to system features for Mobile and Home users on any device via the Mobile application
- The abiltiy for staff to schedule and initiate both adhoc and meet-me conferences through the embedded Audio conferencing freature
- Greater flexibility to meet future business needs, adding and taking away users as required and only paying for what is used or required
HOSTED VOIP vs PBX
Who Wins? View the core differences between a PBX & Hosted VoIP solution
ARE YOU PREPARED?
BT plans shut down of ISDN lines - 4 step checklist for what you need to do...
For more information on what we did for Inspira or to find out about how our Hosted telephony and UC solutions could help your business raise efficiency and reduce costs, please click below: