In turn, this increases costs on metered data connections, especially when SIMs go over their allotted data allowance, prompting additional costs on much larger per-MB pricing.
Losing confidential information can be deadly to businesses of any size. Whether the data is intellectual property, customer information, bank accounts, usernames and passwords; they all can have massive impacts on a business’ ability to operate.
The right password and username could enable hackers to take over social media accounts, such as the recent twitter hack.
Intellectual property theft could take away a business’ advantage in their market
The loss of customer information could cause irreparable damage to a business’ reputation and expose them to legal challenges as well as GDPR fines.
Just like in 2017, when multiple NHS trusts were brought to their knees (costing nearly 100m to rectify), malware can be used to lock employees out of their devices, and only open them back up once a ransom is paid.
These attacks are becoming more frequent, and with smaller businesses having less to invest in their security policies, savvy hackers have started to access massive corporate entities via smaller partners in their supply chain, as a more viable route to access larger ‘prey’.
Public IP addresses
Instead of “Forwarding all ports”, it is better to set up “Forwarding only the required ports” to the target device as port forwarding in the router:
Open Services / Servers
- Open mDNS services (port 5353)
- Open DNS resolvers (port 53)
- Open SNMP servers (port 161)
- Open SSDP servers (port 1900)
- Open portmapper services (port 111)
- SSH (port 22)
- Telnet (port 23)
- Telnet (port 2323)
- RDP (Port 3389)
* This is typical best practice, but ports may change depending on your provider and hardware. A description of how to set up port forwarding can usually be found in the instructions for the router you are using. For more information, please refer to your operating system documentation or contact your network administrator. *
We know how frustrating it is to hold-off on urgent work when that little pop-up says your computer needs to update and restart – but we do recommend you keep to a regular update schedule to prevent as many attacks as possible!
And that’s exactly what Everything Voice can do for you!