Up to £12,500 funding for SMB’s back up for grabs today
Digital Growth Voucher Phase 5 is open for applications
The Digital Enterprise Scheme is a Government scheme, set up to help small & medium sized businesses grow through digital technologies. The main aims of the scheme are as follows:
- To help local businesses improve performance by investing in the appropriate digital technologies that help them scale up
- To help businesses with the capital costs associated with their project, including professional implementation and support
- To help businesses improve their awareness about the range of digital solutions
- Helping local businesses acquire knowledge about digital technologies that are appropriate to their needs, including faster digital connectivity, enhanced digital marketing, CRM for small firms and the benefits of networking and cloud based solutions for business resilience, security and flexibility
The Scheme is spilt into three different ‘vouchers’:
1. Digital Knowledge Exchange – these are free workshops and events for business owners and managers to learn about digital technologies and how to implement them into their company.
2. Connectivity Vouchers – a cash injection between £500 and £1,000 to help businesses towards upgrading their internet connectivity to faster and more reliable connections.
3. Digital Growth Voucher – a cash injection between £2,000 and £12,500 to help businesses with digital projects, such as VoIP telephony solutions (more details below on eligible projects).
Phase 5 of Digital Growth Voucher is now open. The Scheme provider said this about phase 5 “The next phase will see a number of changes to the scheme so that we can further improve on the assistance we can provide – most notably, businesses who have received funding in phase 1 will be able to re-apply for Digital Growth Voucher funding for a new digital transformation project.”
Growth vouchers are worth between £2,000 and £12,500. One business can receive at least 50% towards the upfront fees of their desired projects. Project proposals must demonstrate genuine digital transformation for the business, leading to improvements in business performance, increased productivity and innovation.
The Digital Growth Voucher scheme is a competitive process, where proposals are compared to each other to determine those that offer the biggest potential for business growth and digital maturity